Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Informal Daily Writing Checklist

I've finally created a daily writing checklist to use during writer's conference or for informal observation as I walk around during writing time. This would also be handy for Daily 5, Work on Writing. This will help me collect data that I can then use for both grade cards and for other student data purposes.

I plan to put this sheet on a clipboard, write the date at the top, come up with how I want my coding system to be (letter grade, 3/2/1, +/-, etc), and quickly and easily mark what I observe for each student on their daily writing/work. The categories covered/included are capitalization, punctuation, and complete sentences. I won't use this every single day, but maybe a couple times a week. This then keeps all of my informal observation data in one place, or I can easily transfer it to my gradebook.

I am going to include a free copy of it in case you'd like to use it also in your classroom!

Enjoy, and I hope you can use this! I've included both a student numbered version (if you use student numbers in your classroom for confidentiality purposes) and a blank one for you to write in the students' names.
 
To download, either click HERE, or click on the picture below.
 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This checklist will be a huge help! Thanks for sharing!

    Lisa

    Stories from Room 114

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I'm so glad you can use it. I hope you are having a great start to your school year! :-)

      Delete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips