Thursday, July 5, 2012

Broken Ankles and Dashed Summer Dreams...

Oh dear me... I haven't posted in just the longest time, but I promise I will get on that again soon. I just needed a break after the school year wrapped up! It was one of those things where I didn't even want to pin anything school related on my Pinterest (I did of course), and I just wanted a few weeks to myself. As it turns out, lucky me, I broke my ankle in a couple spots, and yes, I had to have surgery. Woohoo! What a way to spend the summer, right? Ugh... I've basically been on bed rest, having to keep my ankle elevated, for the last 4 weeks, and I still have a few to go. They don't think I'll be walking or driving again until August. Oh boy... I tell ya what, there went my plans for the summer as far as traveling, getting projects done, and visiting friends. :-( HOWEVER, I will say, on the flip side, it has forced me to slow down and relax, as there really isn't much else I can do. I'm sure I will look back on this time come October, and I will be wishing I had time to watch billions of tv shows and read trillions of books. ;-) That's what I'm telling myself anyway, ha! So, long story short, now that I'm starting to gain a little more energy and am not getting as tired so quickly, I will be posting again soon, so look out blogging world! Hope you all are having a MUCH better summer than I am, and I will live vicariously through all of your adventures!
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a speedy recovery! I'm so sorry to hear that! Enjoy some time for yourself & get that much needed R & R. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! I broke my foot several months ago...so I understand how frustrating it can be! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the kind comments! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips